Ubisoft has set a date for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta. It will run from April 19 until May 2 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Up to twelve players can play across three classes on two maps (Pipeline and Mill) in two different modes: Conflict, where players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, and the team with the most points at the end of the round wins; and Saboteur (available starting April 26), where a bomb spawns in a central location, and both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base.
To access the beta, you can either: pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for Xbox 360 at GameStop, and receive an Xbox 360 beta key; become a PlayStation Plus subscriber, and receive a PlayStation 3 beta key; own a copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction, which will allow you to access the beta directly through the game.
Additionally, ubisoft also unveiled the “Ghost Recon Network,” a free service that will support Future Soldier and all future Ghost Recon titles. Similar to Activision’ s Elite service for Call of Duty, the Ghost Recon Network can be accessed through consoles, smartphones, tablets, and web browsers. It features:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
- Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
- Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
- Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
- Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
- Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
- Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
- Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
A trailer for the Network can be seen below.
Two screenshots of the beta, as well as images of the Network, can be seen at the gallery.