Bethesda has announced plans to release a collector’s edition of Fallout: New Vegas come its launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC this fall.
The collector’s edition includes many items inspired from the Las Vegas-themed game, including poker chips, a deck of cards, and even a hardcover graphic novel. The full list and details of the extra goodies follows.
- Lucky 7 poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- A fully customized Fallout: New Vegas deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas!
- A recreation of the game’s highly coveted Lucky 38 platinum chip.
- A hardcover graphic novel ‘All Roads’, that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas. ‘All Roads’ was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.
- The Making of Fallout: New Vegas DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more.
“We’re offering this very cool collector’s edition to give fans the opportunity to own some of the items that they’ll discover while playing Fallout: New Vegas,” said Pete Hines, vice president of PR and marketing. “We are also expanding their experience with the game by including a top-notch graphic novel worthy of the Fallout name and a DVD that gives them a behind-the-scenes look at how the game was created.”
Fallout: New Vegas is due out for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC this fall. The game is in development at Obsidian Entertainment.