Major online retailer Amazon and major gaming retailer GameStop are now offering pre-orders for God of War III on their product pages for the game. The pre-order has been up for a while, but the interesting thing to note here is the March 2, 2009 release date listed on both sites. That date is three quarters lower than what it was rumored to release a while back (Christmas 2009). Is this just the retailers wanting the game to release sooner, or is it the actual date (or time frame)?
Use the coupon code "GEMATSU" for $3.00 off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.