Sony Computer Entertainment and Media Molecule have released a new fact sheet and set of screenshots for Tearaway Unfolded.
Find the fact sheet below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
The adventure that was held in your hands is now re-imagined as a world inside your TV.
Tear away Unfolded is an expanded retelling of the BAFTA award-winning Tear away, reimagined for PlayStation 4. The game has been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the enhanced power of the PlayStation 4 and the unique features of the DualShock 4 controller, with new fourth-wall-busting interactions and a bigger, more beautiful world to explore.
The original Tearaway was a little papery world held entirely in your hands, using all the features of the PlayStation Vita to bring players a great experience that was as lifelike and immersive as possible.
With Tearaway Unfolded, we’re doing the same thing, only this time rebuilt for the big screen, to bring more charming detail within wider vistas. The papery world now lives inside your TV and you interact with it using the unique inputs and physicality of the DualShock 4 controller to tear down the fourth wall and bring you into the game.
Journey through a vibrant, living papery world, with a plucky messenger who has a unique message to deliver—to YOU!
Choose to guide either atoi or iota on this adventure, each a bold courier with an expressive personality and a unique message for you locked away inside their envelope head. In order to read it though, they’re going to need your help to deliver it!
The papery world of Tearaway unfolds in your living room, allowing you to reach into your TV with your god-like powers and help your new messenger friend complete this very special delivery and making you the co-star of the game.
As you travel together in this buddy-movie style, rites-of-passage adventure, you’ll rely on each other’s strengths to overcome perilous challenges, and form a long-lasting bond. You’ll uncover a magical dimension inspired by half-forgotten stories and folklore and built realistically from paper that unfolds and comes alive before your very eyes; from lost islands and forgotten forests, to bottomless canyons and mysterious structures. As you guide your adventurous messenger through this world you’ll meet the papercraft creatures that live within it, help out strange new friends and encounter dangerous challenges.
What’s New for PS4
The world of Tearaway Unfolded blends with our own through the unique features of the DualShock 4 controller, bringing the game to life in completely new and unexpected
- Unleash powerful gusts of wind to unfold rippling bridges, or send enemies tumbling off cliffs, with a well-timed swipe of the touch pad.
- Use the power of wind to propel your messenger through the skies in their paper plane and explore the world from above.
- Catch objects your messenger throws to you as they fly out of the screen into your wireless controller, where you can hear them rattling around, before sending them hurtling back into hard-to-reach places, or towards your hapless enemies.
- Shine the wireless controller’s light bar into the TV to illuminate dark and gloomy places, growing and transforming the scenery as you do, and guiding your companion along their way.
- Push and release the touch pad button to squash drum skins and spring your messenger up into the air or across platforms.
As you play, you’ll bring a little bit of this papery world back with you, as you collect papercraft plans to create the creatures, treasures and surroundings of Tearaway Unfolded from paper in the real world. As you explore, you’ll also see more of your own creativity appearing inside the paper world too!
- Immersive PlayStation 4 Controls – Rebuilt from the ground up to take full advantage of the PlayStation 4 and the DualShock 4, Tearaway Unfolded uses the full range of inputs to deliver and
- immersive and unique gameplay experience.
- Platforming! – Above all else Tearaway Unfolded is a platform adventure game and Media Molecule have taken the experiences from making the award-winning LittleBigPlanet series and applied them to a vibrant, living 3D world.
- Paper Engine with Real World Physics – Tearaway Unfolded’s exclusive game engine creates a 3D animated world from sheets of paper to capture the real physics of paper material that will tear, fold, or crumple, especially when the player reaches out and interacts with the world.
- Story Time – Tearaway Unfolded is comprised of three short stories, which intertwine into one larger narrative, through which the player and their messenger friend are guided by two (mostly) wise and playful characters, the Green Man and the Fortune Teller, on their quest to hear new tales.
- Two worlds collide – Tearaway Unfolded is a living papery world inside the player’s TV, and constantly breaks the fourth wall to deliver a unique game experience. Tearaway Unfolded is an experience like no other; a game that knows the player exists, and integrates them fully into the story.
- Print & Create Papercraft – As they play through the game, players will be rewarded with real papercraft plans of the creatures, objects and characters from the game to print out and construct, bringing the world of Tearaway to life in their own homes. There are over 60 models to collect, each with colored in and blank versions, giving players the opportunity to get really creative, and adding many hours of fun to the Tearaway experience!
- Share Favorite Gameplay Moments – Players are encouraged to share special gameplay moments via social networks, using your messenger’s in-game camera to take photos of their adventures, with collectable filters and lenses allowing them to add their own creative spin.
- Tearaway community site – Tearaway.me (http://tearaway.me) gives players access to their papercraft collection, and all the in-game photos they’ve shared, along with the photos taken by the rest of the Tearaway community, either from their own adventures, or of their papercraft models.
- Unique Experience for Every Player – From unlocking the unique message inside their messenger’s head, to decorating things along their journey and customizing how their messenger appears inside the game, Tearaway delivers a truly personalized gameplay experience.
- Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)
- Developer: Media Molecule
- Platform: PlayStation 4
- Genre: Action/Adventure Platformer
- Players: Single Player
- Rating: TBC
- Release: 2015