Nintendo has released new details, video, screenshots, artwork, and the final box art for Pokemon X and Y.
First, four new Pokemon, previously leaked in Japanese magazine CoroCoro, now with official English names and details:
- Helioptile (Elicitel in Japan) – a Normal / Electric-type Pokemon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
- Flectchling (Yayakoma in Japan) – a Normal / Flying-type Pokemon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time.
- Pancham (Yancham in Japan) – with a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, this Fighting-type Pokemon shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brand-new move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent’s Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokemon in a Trainer’s party during battle.
- Gogoat (also Gogoat in Japan) – this large Grass-type Pokemon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.
Next, the game world and Pokedex:
- Kalos – Pokemon X and Y is set in Kalos, a mysterious region shaped like a star, where players will encounter beautiful forests, thriving cities, and many never-before-seen Pokemon.
- Lumiose City (Miare City in Japan) – the central city of Kalos, this is a metropolis featuring a tower set to become an iconic structure in Pokemon X and Y. This city has roads, sewers and various other parts allowing for movement all across the city. In addition to that, in some parts of the city, you can ride Gogoat to get around quicker.
- Trainer Customization – you’ll be able to customize your gender, hair color, and skin shade, and can acquire new attire on your journey.
- Pokedex – as trainers encounter and catch Pokemon, it will ad to their Pokedex. The Pokedex will be divided into three unique areas within the region.
Watch the new footage below.
View the new screenshots, artwork, and box art at the gallery.