Following this morning’s announcement, a few additional details on Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have come out of the Japanese media.
Here are some choice tidbits from Pokemon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara in a note attached to this morning’s Japanese press release.
- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
- Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game, and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)
- The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
- The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
- The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
- Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.
Thanks, Game Jouhou.