Lightning Returns uses “open world” connection for travel
More new details from this week's Famitsu.
Following today’s earlier leak, more new details have come out regarding Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, including world travel information and estimated clear time. Find the bullet summary below.
- You can move around between continents by foot or faster by monorail. It’s the so called “open world” connection.
- Judging by the current outlook, the world is really vast and it’s rough on the operations.
- The first thing Square thought of was the map function, but now the numbers are regulated.
- Square looks forward to seeing how each continent is manufactured and connected.
- It seems there is still more to come.
- In this title, one day is 24 hours. In Final Fantasy XIII it was 26 hours, but when time stopped 2 hours were lost.
- What happens when the gate closes due to the time but you’re in a fight with a strong enemy, does it close after the battle? Does time pass during battle?
- If you’re doing your best, you can stretch the time limit past 13 days and increase time, but how you do it is a secret.
- The game’s test players cleared it in 2 to 4 days.
- Depending on how you do it, the deferment is quite different.
- The ending doesn’t differ too much depending on the time it takes you, but there are a lot of things in the playthrough you can’t experience within the time limit. Those variations are what players can look forward to.
- Battles are invoked when a corresponding button is pressed. Battles this way have you watch the ATB bar.
- There are a limited number of items you can carry.
- By setting abilities, the battles are more action based rather than command based.
Thanks, Game Nyarth.
Save $3 with the coupon code "GEMATSU"