The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Kingdom Hearts III co-director Tetsuya Nomura, who discusses more of the recently unveiled “Re:Mind” downloadable content.
Here are the notable tidbits:
(Warning: The following content may contain spoilers for Kingdom Hearts III.)
- That is not an Limit Cut ultimate class fight scene in the trailer. The trailer doesn’t have any Limit Cut scenes. The trailer is mainly made up of the elements included in the additional scenario.
- Sora’s “Oathkeeper” Keyblade and new form will be released as free downloadable content at the same time as the “Re:Mind” add-on.
- For Limit Cut bosses, we’re aiming for around the amount of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
- There is an additional scenario, Limit Cut episode and bosses, and even secret episode and bosses.
- I can’t say anything about the release date yet, but we want to put it out as soon as we can. We don’t want to release it close to Final Fantasy VII Remake (which is due out on March 3, 2020).
- You can choose to play as Roxas and the others by progressing through the additional scenario similar to Riku and Aqua.
- The additional scenario is standalone and can be played after clearing the main story.
Kingdom Hearts III is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The “Re:Mind” downloadable content is due out this winter.