Bandai Namco’s E3 2019 announcements have leaked ahead of the show, which runs from June 11 to 13 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. They include Tales of Arise for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, From Software’s Elden Ring for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Switch / Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered for PlayStation 4 and PC.
The following information and screenshots come from a publicly accessible URL—a list of games—hosted on Bandai Namco’s servers, which has been shared across social media as well as e-mailed to Gematsu, but we will not link to for security reasons. This list of games includes links to separate pages for each title, on which the information and screenshots were extracted.
Tales of Arise (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna. For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom.
Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future. Featuring a new cast of characters, updated combat, and classic Tales of gameplay mechanics, experience the next chapter in the world-famous Tale of series, Tales of Arise.
- The Next Chapter – Experience the next chapter in the Tales of series, brought to life in stunning HD powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Dynamic Action – Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay.
- Stunning Visuals – High quality animation created by ufotable.
Elden Ring (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware, Inc. and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action-RPG adventure set within a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki—creator of the influential Dark Souls video game series; and George R.R. Martin—author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Danger and discovery lurk around every corner in FromSoftware’s largest game to-date.
Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Game Director of FromSoftware Inc. known for directing critically-acclaimed games in beloved franchises including Armored Core, Dark Souls, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
George R.R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire – A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made.
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) / Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4, PC)
There are separate pages for these titles, and both are listed for “Fall 2019.” Only the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch page defines Switch as the platform, while the Remastered page does not define platforms. ResetEra claims the Remastered release is for PlayStation 4 and PC, but we did not find any such confirmation. The following description comes from the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch page, as the Remastered page does not contain a description. Update 8:22 p.m.: A screenshot of the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered page reveals the platforms to be PlayStation 4 and PC. The Remastered version features “improved graphics and performance on PS4 and PC.”
About Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Journey back to the other world in Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Level-5’s classic tale returns better than ever. Join Oliver as he embarks on an adventure through a world inhabited by new friends and ferocious foes alike in the hopes of bringing back his mother after a tragic incident. With a copy of the Wizard’s Companion in his hand and his trusty friend Drippy by his side, he will travel across this rich fantasy world to tame familiars, take on enemies, and overcome the countless challenges that stand between him and his mother’s salvation.
This charming tale unfolds through the use of animation storyboarded and created by the legendary Studio Ghibli and music composed by the renowned Joe Hisaishi. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch combines beautiful animated visuals, masterful storytelling, and a sweeping score to create an epic role-playing adventure like no other.
- Take the Other World with You – Take Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch wherever you go on Nintendo Switch.
- All-Star Production – Level-5’s mastery of the RPG genre is combined with Studio Ghibli’s world-class animation and music composed by the renowned Joe Hisaishi.
- Captivating Story – A charming yet tragic tale unfolds through the use of animation storyboarded and created by Studio Ghibli with English and Japanese voice-overs.
- Role-Playing Mastery – A rich mixture of familiar RPG elements, expertly crafted and designed, and featuring dozens of locations to explore, hundreds of creatures to battle, and a wealth of quests and secrets to uncover.
- Dynamic Combat – Switch freely between characters and familiars in an exciting battle system that combines real-time and turn-based tactical elements.