French independent developer Cowcat is bringing Spanish developer Diabolical Mind’s Xenon Valkyrie, a rogue-lite platformer that launched for PC via Steam in February, to PS Vita as Xenon Valkyrie+ this winter via the PlayStation Store. The PS Vita release is a “revamped version” with “major gameplay improvements, translations, and additions exclusively for the console.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via Cowcat:
Xenon Valkyrie+ is a rogue-lite platformer game with RPG elements in which you must fight to the deepest part of a moon and halt the plans of a wicked witch. Obtain many weapons as you fight through a unique, randomly-generated world every time you play. Encounter many characters, stores and enemies that tell a legendary story. With traditional graphics and high quality chiptune music, level up and get the amazing power of the Xenon Valkyrie!
- Rogue-lite platformer with a great story
- RPG elements
- Randomly generated levels
- Quality Chiptune music
- Hard gameplay and Permadeath
- Three heroes with unique skills
- 100+ items
- Multiple bosses and enemies
- Several endings and secrets
- Translated in English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
More screenshots from the PS Vita version are available here.