Megaton Rainfall will launch for PlayStation 4 with PlayStation VR support on September 26, and at a later date for PC via Steam, developer Pentadimensional Games announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Pentadimensional Games:
Become an indestructible interdimensional superbeing in this first-person superhero game. With immense destructive power and supersonic flying capabilities, your mission is to save Earth from an alien invasion. Be careful though – you are so powerful you can destroy entire skyscrapers (unintentionally) when you miss your otherworldly target…
- Unprecedented freedom of movement – Accelerate from 0 to mach 10 in 5 seconds, fly around a real-size-Earth, get out of the atmosphere, the solar system and even the Milky Way in less than 1 minute from any location.
- Unprecedented scale of destruction – You can destroy entire skyscrapers (unintentionally) when you miss your target… Just like the aliens, if you let them to do so.
- Highly adaptive soundtrack – Reacting to every bit of the action.
- Innovative visual effects – Featuring procedural real time exploding/slicing/collapsing of buildings, and an Universe-scale rendering engine.
- VR compatibility – For even greater immersion. PC Platform(s) to be announced.
Watch a new trailer below.