Electronic Arts and BioWare have detailed update plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda over the next two months.
The patches will improve several areas of the game, including:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
These updates will also address performance and stability issues, and BioWare is looking into adding more cosmetic items to single-player for free.
The first patch, version 1.05, will launch this Thursday, April 6 and address technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), as well as add a number of improvements. Here are the full patch notes:
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
As for multiplayer, BioWare plans to continue building on the APEX missions it has been running since launch with new maps, characters, and weapons. On April 6, the first of three new chapters centered around “The Remnant Investigation” will begin.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.