Bloomylight Studio, an independent developer based in France, has launched a Kickstarter campaign for its first game Lynn and the Spirits of Inao, a 2D adventure platformer inspired by Japanese myths and that pays tribute to the art style of Studio Ghibli. It is seeking €53,000 in funding.
Here’s an overview of the game:
In Lynn and the Spirits of Inao, players will embody Lynn, an apprentice priestess of the island of INAO where humans, gods and spirits live in harmony, accompanied by her accomplice (and no less demonic spirit) Aku. Obscure elements suddenly disrupting the balance of the island, draw spirits to attack the villagers, leaving a path of panic and distress. The high Priestess, Lynn’s mentor who gets seriously injured during a ceremony, then entrusted her with the difficult task of discovering the origin of this evil and saving the village.
- Control night and day in order to progress through levels and discover all the secrets of the island
- Investigate the strange events causing turmoil on the island of Inao with the help of its inhabitants, both humans and spirits
- Make your way through dynamic platform levels and adapt your gameplay to the wide range of sceneries and enemies
- Sharpen your wits by solving enigmas and puzzles
- Take on bosses in epic battles which will require skill and thought in order to defeat your enemy
- Be discreet during tactical or infiltration phases
- Finish the game by following the main scenario, or complete it 100% by solving the many side quests, not forgetting a single lost soul and unveiling all the mysteries of Inao.
Lynn and the Spirits of Inao is planned for an initial PC release via Steam (it’s already been Greenlit), but Bloomylight also hopes to release it across other platforms like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, and Mac.
Watch the Kickstarter pitch video below. Fund the game here.