Arc System Works has released Guilty Gear 2: Overture, its 2007-launched mix of action / real-time strategy Xbox 360 game, for PC via Steam. It is available at a 40 percent launch discount price of $11.99.
Here’s the full outline:
The ultimate melee action “Guilty Gear 2: Overture” is now on Steam!!
Pushing “Gameplay” and “Entertainment” to the extremes, with a splash of “Competitiveness” — That’s Guilty Gear 2 for you.
Real Time Strategy (RTS) X 3D Battle Action
Two completely different game systems carried out in a fast paced real-time environment. Be the commander of your troops, and also be the frontline hero of your army, battling enemy forces head-on while giving out commands!
A whole new experience with the “Battle X Command”!
Combine your own blend of Action and Strategy and seize victory into your hands!!
Player-controlled “Master” comes equipped with an arsenal of actions available!
- Dash across the battlefield with the Blast Drive!
- Chain up attack combos with the myriad attack patterns!
- Steps, Aerial Dashes, Special Attacks — Use them to their greatest potential to score victory!
- Charge your tension gauge to MAX and unleash devastating Overdrives upon your foes!
Micro-manage your troops and lead them to victory!
- Advance together with your units, and capture enemy bases!
- Over 50 different units, each with their unique actions and abilities!
The battle environment can change from a full-fledged army war to a sudden-death duel between Masters in the blink of an eye!
Plentiful Game Modes!
- Replay Viewer (*)
- Online (*)
*Currently only “Player Match” is available. “Rank Match”, “Rankings” and “Replay Viewer” will be implemented at a later date.
The following features will be implemented at a later date in April:
- Button/Keyboard Configuration
- Rank Match
- Replay Viewer
Watch a trailer below.