New details on Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization have come in via a Dengeki Online interview with producer Yosuke Futami.
Get the information below.
- Kirito starts from level 1.
- It is set in a world similar to Aincrad called “Ainground.” It is what became of Aincrad.
- The world is not divided by levels like Aincrad. It is connected by adjoining land.
- The atmosphere emulates that of Aincrad, and the starting town is based on the “Starting City.” The game begins in a “Black Iron Palace”-like place.
- You’ll perform actions in battle rather than auto attack.
- The introduction of jumping allows for a greater variety of actions.
- You can freely assign your palette to buttons. During actions, it’s also possible to choose buffs from your skill palette.
- You can control the PS Vita version’s skill palette with touch controls, if you like.
- You’ll fight using your skill palette, and raid battles and party member instruction are also largely existent. These action and management features are both major features of the game.
- Hollow Fragment was closer to an RPG while Lost Song was closer to an action game, but Hollow Realization builds upon Hollow Fragment with deeper action elements.
- Hollow Realization won’t feature any local multiplayer. But there will be online multiplayer.
- There’s a greater focus on party elements. This time, you can have a maximum party of four characters. one person could start the attack, the second person could use a sword skill, the third person could restrain the enemy, and finally Kirito can deliver the finishing blow. Alternatively, you can also act as assistance to the rest of your party.
- Hollow Fragment had two-person parties and a love component. This time, that’s difficult to do because of the four-person parties. With four-person parties, a community connection is drawn out, but when you go out with only two people, they want to make it so the contents of some conversations change.
- The new heroine is a 14 year-old AI character who will develop as she adventures with Kirito and friends.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan in 2016.
Thanks, Games Talk.