The latest set of Tokyo Xanadu screenshots introduce Goro Saeki, an English teaser at Morimiya High School, as well as the Xiphone’s “Other World Search App” used to discover gates to the Other World, and protagonist Kou’s three special parameters.
Get the details below.
Goro Saeki (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa)
28 years old. A handsome, temporary lecturer at Morimiya High School with a body comparable to that of a model. He teaches English.
In addition to his good looks, he is very intelligent and has a unique sense of humor. Following his new appointment at the school, he became immediately popular among its female students.
In the beginning, the boys of the school were jealous of the teacher, but given his openhearted character and lack of discrimination between his male and female students, he’s proven difficult to hate, and is gradually gaining the trust of his male students.
Goro’s hobbies include mountain climbing, and on his days off, doing field work at various historic sites. He’s a bit of an outdoor enthusiast.
Xiphone “Other World Search” App
To progress the story, Kou and friends will explore the Other World. After school, when Kou heads for his part-time jobs, players can freely explore Morimiya City, and head for the Other World using their “Other World Search” app on their Xiphone.
It works like this:
- 1. When you reach an area where there is an undiscovered gate to the Other World in Morimiya City, an indication for the Other World Search App will appear in the upper left corner of the screen.
- 2. The percentage on the indicator will continue to rise until it reaches its MAX value (100%) as you get closer to a gate point to the Other World.
- 3. When the counter reaches its MAX value, you’ll be able to open a gate using the L trigger.
- 4. By entering the gate, you’ll begin the game’s action parts.
Special Parameters: Wisdom / Courage / Compassion
Tokyo Xanadu‘s protagonist Kou has three special parameters that will gradually increase by clearing different conditions. By increase their values, you can level up, acquire rare items, and trigger special events. Additionally, these parameters will impact the main story.
- Wisdom – The parameter representing Kou’s ability to understand the nature of things and determine the truth. It will rise based on the actions Kou takes during the game’s main events, as well as through the use of special items.
- Courage – The parameter representing Kou’s brave character. It will rise based on raising certain results during the game’s action parts.
- Compassion – The parameter representing Kou’s relationship with others. It will rise by deepening your exchanges with your friends and the people of Morimiya City.
Tokyo Xanadu is due out for PS Vita in Japan on September 30.
View the screenshots at the gallery.