Hero Must Die, an RPG led by Shoji Masuda (Oreshika designer) and developed by G Mode for cell phones in 2007, is getting a full remake on PS Vita courtesy of Nippon Ichi Software, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.
The game is due out in Japan on February 15, 2016 for 5,980 yen at retail and 4,762 yen via download. The remake will have new characters and scenarios.
If you’ve never heard of it, the game is set in a world after the death of the devil king, and the hero has five days left to live.
(Yes, this is the title NIS teased last week.)
Update 8:00 a.m.: A few new details have come out of Famitsu, via Hachima Kikou.
The hero of Hero Must Die only has five days to live. This is following a bout with the demon king, through which he was killed. But even with the demon king’s defeat, the world still faced a number of problems. Thus, the hero is granted five more days to live, and as him, players can take on a variety of actions that result in different endings.
New elements include:
- New scenarios across every heroine, as well as two brand new heroines.
- Music arrangement and new music by Kenji Ito.
- A voiced main character.
- Hero (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga)
- Yuria the Angel (voiced by Asami Imai)
- Devil King (voiced by Tsuguo Mogami)
- Princess Flora (voiced by Rie Murakawa)
- Planning, Game Design, and Scenario – Shoji Masuda
- Music – Kenji Ito
- Character Design: Tetsu Kurosawa
- Development: Pyramid
- Producer: Moto Suganuma