Dengeki PlayStation this week has an interview with Compile Heart’s Shingo Onodera and Sega’s Masahiro Nakayama, who discuss the upcoming Hyperdimension Neptunia PS Vita spin-offs.
Get the details below.
Hyperdimension War Neptunia VS Sega Hard Girls: Dream Fusion Special (Announcement)
- The game features an original protagonist named Hatsumi Sega. She’s illustrated by Tsunako, and her design is said to be that of a short girl with an S-shaped ponytail.
- The game was born out of a separate meeting Ono was supposed to have with Idea Factory. He ended up asking if it was possible for a collaboration with Sega Hard Girls to happen.
- Ono had been previously familiar with Neptunia series and wanted to do something since working on planning the original Sega Hard Girls series.
- Development is being handled by Felistella and started last fall. The Neptunia Team is contributing art and other visual assets.
- The game is an RPG that sees the Neptunia and Sega Hard Girls camps fighting one another.
- The main focus character-wise is IF-chan and Hatsumi Sega.
- Gameplay systems are vastly different from standard Neptunia games.
- There’s attention to detail for the Sega Hard Girls; Saturn, for example, can’t use both of her hands at the same time because of the console’s CPU quirks.
Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army (Announcement)
- The game is being developed by Tamsoft.
- It’s not a direct sequel. The story is a school sports-style one (think dramatic involving character tenacity like Ashita no Joe).
- Four players can play together at the same time.
- All of the characters from Hyperdimension Neptunia U are set to appear.
- Everybody is in uniform… because school.
Release dates for both games are unannounced.
Thanks, [email protected].