Following a teaser last week, Koei Tecmo has announced Deception IV: Another Princess for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in this week’s Famitsu.
Due out on March 26 in Japan, the game is an upgraded version of Deception IV: Blood Ties adding new elements such as new heroine Valgyrie, an 100-quest “Quest Mode,” new traps, and an edit function called “Deception Studio.” The new protagonist is described as the “nightmare princess” humans see in their dreams. She is the daughter of a devil and has lost her original power due to a long sleep.
Here’s the game’s prices across platforms:
PlayStation 4 and PS3
- Retail: 6,800 yen
- Download: 6,000 yen
- Premium Box: 9,800 yen
- Retail: 5,800 yen
- Download: 5,143 yen
- Premium Box: 8,800 yen
Thanks, Games Talk.
Update 10:11 a.m.: New details have come in via [email protected]:
- Valgyrie specializes in kick techniques.
- Original Deception IV heroine Laegrinna seems to appear as an enemy in Quest Mode.
- New traps include: “Delta Horse Rodeo,” “Bleached Dye,” and “Wash Toilet.” There are over 170 traps of the comedic and sexy variety available.
- Fatal Frame series director Makoto Shibata is in charge of the story for Quest Mode.
- Development is 50 percent complete.
(Note: Corrected spelling of the new heroine. Misread “Valgyrie” as “Valkyrie.”)