Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will host a PlayStation 4 launch event at the Sony Building in Ginza from 10:30 p.m. on February 21, the company announced.
Sony Computer Entertainment president and group CEO Andrew House, Japan Asia president Hiroshi Kawano, and Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida will be present at the event. The first Japanese PlayStation 4 consumer will be handed their console directly by House and Kawano.
The event will feature a number of notable guests, who will touch upon the appeal of PlayStation 4 with gameplay exhibits and video letters. Guests include:
- Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid V director, game designer, and producer)
- Shinji Hashimoto (Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III producer)
- Naoki Yoshida (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer and director)
- Toshiro Nagoshi (Yakuza series general director)
- Mayuko Kawakita (female model)
- Viking (comedian)/li>
If you’re in Ginza, starting at 11:00 a.m., Sony will be giving away 100 tickets on a first-come, first-served basis to buy the PlayStation 4 at midnight. Among those 100, 30 will be invited to attend the midnight launch event.