Monster Monpiece will be a digital-only release when it launches in North America and Europe this spring, Idea Factory International announced.
The PS Vita game, confirmed yesterday for a western release, is a card battle strategy game with light RPG elements, and supports Ad-hoc and network modes. Idea Factory outlined the game’s story and key features below.
God’s hammer struck twice, punishing the world of Yafaniel below… In the world of Yafaniel, humans and an unusual species called “monster girls” coexist. May Esperio, an Academy student from Kunaguva, is training hard to become a “master” of monster girls with her best friends, Elza and Karen. However, after an encounter with a mysterious stranger, Elza became “Lost”, a victim of a strange affliction that plagues both humans and monster girls. Elza and the monster girls in her service have begun stealing the Magus Quartzes that are held in each of Yafaniel’s major cities. May decides to travel the world pursuing Elza in an attempt to cure her. However, May knows that if she fails to save Elza, the whole world may be destroyed!
- Likeable characters and a story rife with adventure! With a wide range of unique and quirky personalities, the entire cast of Monster Monpiece each add a little spice to the adventurous story from beginning to end!
- Use Skills, Potentials, and a strategic mind! While the battle system seems simple, you still need a strategic mind to best utilize your Monster Girls’ Skills and Potentials in battle!
- Fusion and Aura Bonus kick battles up a notch! The keys to a successful battle lie in mastering the Fusion system and activating the Aura Bonus to increase your cards’ stats during battle!
- Card battles featuring 3D chibi characters! There are more than 100 Monster Girls that will support you in battle against your opponents. Once summoned to the battle field, they will pop up on it as vibrant 3D chibi characters!
- First Crush ❤ Rub Level up your Monster Girls (battle cards) with the First Crush ❤ Rub mode, where you send your magic power into the cards by rubbing the touch screen!
Idea Factory also shared the names of the Monster Girl card images removed in the North American and European edition of the game due to their sexual nature.
Here is the list of Monster Girls whose images have been limited to that of their level 1, 2, or 3 evolution form due to the strong sexual nature of the card images: Vampire, Kraken, Goblin, Cockatrice, Kobold, Skeleton, Titania, Bahamut, Fia, Brownie, Pegasus, Mandragora, Mau Sibau, Rafflesia, Death Scorpion, Phantom, and Tengu.
View the first English screenshots at the gallery. If you missed yesterday’s trailer, catch it again below.