Dengeki PlayStation this week has new details on the enhancements and improvements in the upcoming PlayStation Vita version of Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland.
The game’s cover illustration features Meruru sprawled out, reading a book, and looking over her shoulder. Mel Kishida, the game’s artist, commented that considering there were “many compoisitions from the forward viewpoint,” he wanted to draw it from the player’s point of view.
“Plus,” he added, “I liked the way her bottom was covered by the pleated skirt. Meruru is childish and innocent, so having her do something like studying was very suiting.”
The magazine also has details on some of the game’s additional costumes:
- “Sunday’s Best” – A dress that has already been introduced, but it’s black.
- “Passion Lady” – A red bikini with a pareo (wraparound skirt).
Each costume has an accessory attached: a red rose corsage or mini straw hat. Other outfits include Rorona and Totori’s costumes for Meruru. You can change the costumes of characters other than Meruru too, but it’s unknown who else you can do that for besides Totori.
There are a lot of changes in Atelier Meruru Plus. Here’s a list of the important ones:
- You’ll be able to register accessories with sellers.
- New special effects have been added.
- Accessory abilities have been adjusted.
- Recovery items have been adjusted.
- Party characters’ abilities have been adjusted.
- Download content has been adjusted.
- Defense has been revised from 0.5 to 0.75.
- A limit has been placed on some effects.
- Quality has been upgraded.
- The quality scope has compressed.
- The points necessary for facility construction have been adjusted.
- The limit on reclamation points has been changed.
- The event occurrence timing has been adjusted.
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland is due out for PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 20.
Thanks, [email protected].