Did we take you by surprise? We’ve got a new look this afternoon.
There’s plenty to check out in our redesign, so we’ve broke it down. If you’re wondering about our “???????” logo, though, then scroll on down.
- Post categories now appear inside the image, saving space.
- Post details — comments, author, and date — now appear at the very bottom of the post.
- Sidebar of main feed contains: Most Popular News, Latest Reviews, and Latest Comments.
- Title is bigger, highlighted by upper red border and lower gray border. A Facebook “Like” button is neatly placed right below
- Post details — comments, author, and date — are displayed on a new left column.
- Read More — on the left column — displays the post categories and tags. It’s more in-your-face than our previous method, allowing users to easily discover new content.
- Share — also on the left column — allows users to share our stories across N4G, GameKicker, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and more.
- Sidebar of our articles contains: Latest News and Latest Comments. We felt it was necessary to include the latest news in our articles sidebar for those who are linked here off-site, making it easier for them to discover interesting new content.
- Redesigned. Comment text is highlighted with a gray background. Users avatars hang nicely on the left. Comment details — name, date, and comment number — are neatly displayed at the top of the comment text box.
- A new rating system is in order, allowing users to give thumbs-up and thumbs-down for those times when someone especially deserves a cookie/laxatives.
- A new Features page is now available. The page lists our current running features and columns in a simple, easy-to-read list. The latest feature is highlighted up top. Check out the page through here.
- A new Reviews page is now available. Our latest review is displayed up top, score and all, while our other most recent reviews are displayed in an image gallery-type format below. Check out the page through here.
- Our gallery has also received a face-lift. Check out this screenshot of Catherine‘s Vincent and friends for a demonstration.
- Sidebar of gallery displays the site’s two latest articles below the ad.
??????, formerly Scrawl
So we’ve still yet to decide on a name. A few of our readers have sent in names already, however, they were either inadequate or taken (names like Loading.com would be great, but of course, they’re not available). So if you’re still up to helping us out on that front, then please by all means keep sending in your names to [email protected] Like I said, we’re looking for something catchy and brandable. We really like names like Kotaku, Destructoid, Bitmob, JoyStiq, and Kombo. That’s the type of feel we’re aiming for.