The latest Tales of Zestiria screenshots show off newly revealed characters Maltran and Bartlow, as well as map actions, real map battles, and following characters.
We detailed most of what you’ll see in today’s images via a magazine report last week. But you’ll also see a few new locations like Forquen Hill and and Risuizol Hollow.
Additionally, we’ve got some specific map actions–actions players will be able to perform while exploring on the field. Get them below.
- Sword Swing – You can swing your sword to clear obstacles such as spider webs and ivy on the field.
- Silver Flame – With Lailah in your party, you can ignite a Silver Flame in dungeons.
- Cloak of Ghost Fog – With Mikleo in your party, you can put up a barrier that makes its difficult for enemies to notice you. Your running speed will slightly decrease, however.
- Chief’s Wrist – With Edna in your party, you can use this skill to destroy rocks blocking the road, opening new paths.
- Swift Teleport – With Dezel in your party, you can use this to teleport forward. This is useful if you’re in a cliff-like area where there is a gap between grounds.
Regarding real map battles, a new system in which battles take place where you run into enemies, rather than transition to a battle screen, the screenshots show fights in the Vivia Water Ruins and Lake Pillow Highlands. Because the environment affects the fight, it is recommended you consider where you engage.
Tales of Zestiria is in development for PlayStation 3. View the screenshots at the gallery.