Spike Chunsoft has updated the official website for Danganronpa: Another Episode with new system and character details.
The characters, specifically, are the same as those introduced in this week’s Famitsu. And we also get our first direct-feed look at the game’s animated event scenes.
Find the new details below.
Komaru’s Megaphone-Type Hacking Gun fires Truth Bullets, which are pieces of programming code that inflict a number of different effects upon the target. If you shoot a normal Monokuma in its left eye, it becomes a “Nice Shot,” and the attack does greater damage, enough to take them out in one hit. Additionally, offensive Truth Bullets can be upgraded by purchasing Decoder Bullets from a shop within the game and subsequently equipping them. Variables that can be upgraded in this manner include firepower, ammo amount, and rapid-fire capabilities, among other things. These upgrades require “Monokuma Medals” in order to be purchased, which you can get by defeating Monokumas.
There are a total of eight Truth Bullets available for Komaru to use. These are words that can be fired from the Hacking Gun to battle Monokumas, but some words like “Move” or “Survey” can be used to solve riddles and open new paths.
Find all eight listed below:
- Break: Deals damage to Monokuma.
- Burn: Sets Monokuma on fire. Can be used repeatedly in rapid-fire.
- Paralyze: Paralyzes and damages Monokuma. Has an area of effect that affects all Monokumas caught within it.
- Blow Away: Blows away Monokuma. Can hit multiple Monokumas with it.
- Dance: Makes Monokuma dance. Can make him stay in one place temporarily.
- Connect: Places Monokuma under your control momentarily.
- Move: Restarts shut down machinery. When applied to switches and panels, can open up new routes.
- Survey: Reveals invisible objects by hitting them with light.
In addition to illustrated events, the story will also feature animated scenes handled by Danganronpa: The Animation director Seiji Kishi and studio Lerche.
Towa Haiji (voiced by Shinichiro Miki)
Leader of the “Resistance,” a secret base of adults formed in order to counteract the children rampaging in Towa City. His right arm is in a cast.
A well-regarded member of the Resistance who’s idolized by the adults, this pure white Monokuma is stationed at the adults’ secret base.
An adviser for the Warriors of Hope, this all-black Monokuma is characterized by his fast, incessant talking. Apparently, there’s a command that the Warriors of Hope can issue to put him into sleep mode.
Story by Sal Romano and Thomas James.