The Evil Within, originally planned for release in August, will now launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 21 in North America, October 24 in Europe, and October 23 in Australia, Bethesda Softworks announced.
“Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create,” Bethesda said in an e-mail.
Pre-orders will include ‘The Fighting Chance Pack,’ which will provide players with a number of additional items for use in the game, including:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
Watch a new ‘reactions’ trailer below.