The PlayStation 4 version runs in full 1080p, and offers higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, and several other gameplay improvements. It’s targeting 60 frames per second and is developed by Naughty Dog, not outsourced. All post-launch downloadable content, including the ‘Abandoned Territories’ and ‘Reclaimed Territories’ map packs and ‘Left Behind’ single-player expansion, are also included.
It will also feature an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring creative director and writer Neil Druckmann, Joel voice actor Troy Baker, and Ellie voice actress Ashley Johnson.
Pre-ordering the game, which will cost $59.99 when it launches, will net you the following bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Pre-orders on the PlayStation Store include three extra bonuses:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Other than summer, a specific release date has yet to be announced.