The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features an interview with Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura, who shares new details on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts III.
Find the full summary below.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix is being handled by the same team at Osaka who did Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, but because the HD system has already been established, things are advancing more smoothly than Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix.
- We can see when the release season will be, but we’re not at a stage where we can announce it yet.
- Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded is not as long as Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, and because we’re making many main story assets from the start, we’re taking down the events of Disney Worlds in new representations. Speaking of which, we’re also adding new voices, and last week we compiled the voices for Wonderland.
- We’re adding battle scenes and new scenarios as well—but just a little bit.
- There are scenes from Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded tied to Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- There is a sense to sum up the story leading to Kingdom Hearts III in the HD remasters, but please do not think Kingdom Hearts 3D isn’t necessary when talking about Kingdom Hearts III.
- This is an place to consciously insert mysteries and bits that will pull you in. Episodes that were added to Kingdom Hearts Chi were only there because of conversations about Chirithy, but we added scenes where another Chirithy appears.
- The guilt system was originally called Orb, but we changed that. The imagining of collecting of sins (guilt) from heartless is expanded.
- That we’re writing the scenarios ourselves naturally becomes pre-established harmony, but as we come closer to the goal we feel less satisfied with this. That’s when we start groping for an answer to how to surprise ourselves.
- You’ll be surprised by scenarios from Kingdom Hearts Chi, too. Of the episodes concerning the foreseers, events to come that are written in the prophesy will be revealed.
- The final verse in the prophesy is a shock, and will connect with Kingdom Hearts III.
- On top of the online characteristics, establishing the final story of Kingdom Hearts Chi has had its difficult parts, but we have a conclusion in mind. We’re thinking about an online component for Kingdom Hearts III, and although it would be nice to link things together well, we don’t yet know if we can.
- We were happy at your excitement over the October trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, but from a development perspective it’s still not enough.
- The Attraction Flow skill that compliments settings and enemies will be an especially unique technique in boss fights. We’ve advanced the Free Flow of Kingdom Hearts 3D, and this will be one axis in Kingdom Hearts III.
- There will be amazing transformations for the keyblade, including a pistol. When the staff told me it becomes an [omitted], I burst out laughing.
- From the ideas from the planning side, there will be some gimmicks used.
- Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix are being worked on together by side by side by the Osaka team.
- Nomura is now writing and re-writing Kingdom Hearts III scenarios.
- We’re focusing on Final Fantasy XV development, and hope you can wait until we release further information.