Basement Crawl, Bloober Team’s upcoming PlayStation 4 game, is a maze-based puzzler and competitive multiplayer title, the developer revealed today.
Up to eight players can face off online or up to four offline in grid-based arenas as they race to set traps and explosives in order to defeat their enemies. The game ofers four playable classes, each utilizing a variety of unique bombs and power-ups.
Find a full list of features below, courtesy of Bloober Team.
- An Engagingly Unnerving Style: a ghoulish but entertaining presentation inspired by classic grindhouse movies, twisted horror films and even other games, such as Manhunt.
- Classic Gameplay with a Modern Twist: brings together the best gameplay elements of classic titles like Bomberman with modern technology and online features.
- Multiplayer: players can battle to be the best against others either locally for up-to-four competitors or online for up-to-eight contenders.
- An Awesome Party Game: easy-to-learn gameplay and a focus on multiplayer fun makes Basement Crawl the perfect house-party fragfest.
- Classes and Characters: the game features four unpredictable and macabre characters, each representing a unique class, and each sporting special abilities and skills.
- “2.5D?”: Basement Crawl is made with a 3D-engine, but presented in classic 2D, allowing players to control the position of the camera while enjoying dynamic lights and effects.
- Arenas: nine uniquely hair-raising arenas are included for players to master and conquer, including the Slaughterhouse, Restaurant Dungeon, Abandoned Circus and more.
- Online Features Include: Leaderboards for comparing highest scores with friends and other players; Party chat for PS4, Trophies, Invites, Ranks.
Basement Crawl is due out by the end of 2013.