PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan on February 22, 2014 for 39,980 yen (41,979 yen with tax), Sony announced during its SCEJA Press Conference today.
Launch units are branded the “First Limited Pack,” and include a PlayStation 4, a download code for Knack, and a one-year extended guarantee for the console.
A bundle including the PlayStation Camera will also be available or 43,980 yen (46,179 yen with tax).
The reason for the later launch in Japan, according to SCEJ president Hiroshi Kawano, is to make sure Japanese-centric titles are available at the system’s launch.
The system’s Japanese launch line-up includes:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Square Enix)
- Doki-Doki Universe (SCE) – Download-only
- Dream Club: Host Girls On Stage (D3 Publisher) – Download-only
- Driveclub (SCE)
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Tecmo Koei)
- FIFA 14 (EA)
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test (Square Enix)
- Hohokum (SCE) – Download-only
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
- Knack (SCE)
- Natural Doctrine (Kadokawa Games)
- Nikoli Puzzle 4 Sudoku (Hamster) – Download-only
- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus (Arc System Works) – Download-only
- Resogun (SCE) – Download-only
- Strider (Capcom)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- Yakuza: Ishin (Sega)
Watch a new video, dubbed “A Day With PlayStation,” below. View images of the First Limited Pack at the gallery.