- Release Date: Winter
- Price: Free (with item micro-transactions)
- Director: Masayasu Nishida
- Art Director: Sayaka Hoshino
- Composer: Takeharu Ishimoto
- Producer: Hajime Tabata
- You can make and edit your own cadet character.
- The graphics are even prettier than the PSP version.
- The system is unclear, however Moogles are connected.
- You can handle missions using time recovering “action power.”
- The story will change depending on votes.
- It’ll have a high speed battle system, maybe with commands?
- Also in this system, getting along well with certain cadets will make them watch out for you in battle.
There is a new character named Myu Kagerohi (voiced Haruka Tomatsu). She is the cadet representative, standing on behalf of the cadets.
Characters from Final Fantasy Type-0 return and are separated by class.
- Ace: Class 0
- Deuce: Class 4
- Trey: Class 11
- Cater: Class 10
- Cinque: Class 3
- Sice: Class 6
- Seven: Class 7
- Eight: Class 5
- Nine: Class 2
- Jack: Class 12
- Queen: Class 1
- King: Class 9
- Machina: Class 2
- Rem: Class 7
Weekly Famitsu spoke to Hajime Tabata. Here are some bullets:
- We wanted to draw up a story where the main Type-0 characters follow a different fate. With Type-0 you could personally experience the story together live with other players, and now we’re incorporating that with what I wanted to do in the past on smart phones.
- It’s a story that can be played repeatedly in cycles, from life to death.
- You progress the story by chapter, and once it’s finished you can play it again from the beginning.
- The story will change depending on the votes gathered by a decision system.
- Plan on transmitting each chapter every two weeks.
- Within those two weeks, the first 10 days will be solo phase, then the last 4 days will be the team phase.
- You conduct the mission individually in solo play and then take on the boss in the team play phase.
- There is a job system, exclusive abilities will depend on the job.
- Even though play time varies, there are parts that you can play asynchronously together.
- The system isn’t really about growth, it’s a system you can follow along easily.
- You can purchase items that replenish power consumed during missions, as well as in game items, abilities, and pay to speed up the time to continue after a mission failure.
- Tabata says he wants players to download it, whether or not they are familiar with Type-0.