Creative Inelligence Arts has launched the Kickstarter campaign for its Thursday-announced Project Phoenix, “a [Japanese RPG] with squad-based [real-time strategy] design,” created by veteran game developers from the east and west. The company is seeking $100,000 in funding.
The primarily single-player game, which is targeting a mid-2015 release, is planned for launch on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android (the smartphone versions will be “different” due to limitations). The company is also working to release the game on PlayStation 4 “and other platforms,” but this has “yet to be confirmed.”
The game’s staff consists of:
- Hiraki Yura (Japan, Australia) – Director and Producer – Credits include Diablo III, Valkyria Chronicles, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya, and Steins;Gate.
- Unannounced (?) – Lead Programmer – Been a programmer since primary school, made a game engine and has worked on creating several current and next-gen console games. He will be announced later in the game’s development process, and is boasted as “one of the leading Unity programmers in the world.”
- Vaughan Smith (Australia) – Game Designer – Credits include L.A. Noire and more indie game titles.
- Yoko Enoki (Japan) – Scenario Writer – Credits include The Dragon and the Magician series, The Black Knight series, The Legend of Umiberi series.
- Bill Benfield (UK) – Senior Editor – Served as a teacher, translator, writer, and editor in Tokyo, as well as a part-time musician, and currently owns sound production company Dagmusic.
- Unannounced (Japan) – Supervisor – Credits include “some very famous anime that everyone knows.” This person will be announced at the release of the game.
- Kiyoshi Arai (Japan) – Art Director / World Concept Artist – Credits include Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIV, and Bloodmasque.
- Gontaro (Japan) – Lead Artist – Received art training at New York’s Art Asylum, and has worked as a 2D and 3D artist at Acquire on the Tenchu series.
- Take-B (Japan) – Character Designer / Monster Designer – Credits include “some very famous JRPG that everyone knows.”
- Koya Takahashi (Japan) – Lead Cinematic Artist – Credits include multi-award winning cinematic artist and illustrator for TV and other multimedia.
- Steffen Unger (Germany) – Lead 3D Modeler – Credits include Halo 4 and Crysis 3.
- Nobuo Uematsu (Japan) – Lead Composer – Credits include the Final Fantasy series, The Last Story, Lost Odyssey, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He also founded the music groups The Black Mages and Earthboudn Papas.
- John Kurlander (US, UK) – Sound Engineer – Credits include The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Assassin’s Creed II.
- Donna Burke (Australia) – Casting, Voice Acting, and Singer – Credits include Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and Magical Girl: Lyrical Nanoha.
- Larry Oji (US) – Community Team – Credits include Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation album.
Find more details, such as a story and gameplay overview, at the Kickstarter page.