Ubisoft details Comic-Con 2013 lineup
Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, and more.
Ubisoft has detailed its lineup for Comic-Con in San Diego this month.
The publisher is bringing the following titles to the show:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, Wii U, PC) – Visit the Jackdaw, the ship of protagonist assassin Captain Edward Kenway, on July 19 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the 5th Avenue Landing behind the San Diego Convention Center. Here attendees can experience the new single-player gameplay demo and play the game’s multiplayer mode, including customized levels created through the new Game Lab feature.
- Rayman Legends (PS3, 360, Wii U, PSV) – Featured at the GameSpot booth in the Exhibition Hall, the Xbox Gaming Lounge at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at 1 Market Place, and at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina at 333 West Harbor Drive.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3, 360, PC)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3, 360, Wii U, PC)
- Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, Wii U, PC) – See never-before-released footage showcasing protagonist Aiden Pearce’s hacking prowess in a fully connected recreation of Chicago at the Ubisoft booth.
Additionally, Ubisoft will host the following panels:
- South Park: The Stick of Truth, Thursday, July 18, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. room 6BCF: The creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, will discuss their upcoming South Park video game, South Park: The Stick of Truth. Parker and Stone will talk role playing games, their vision for an interactive South Park adventure, and creating The Stick of Truth, the epic quest to become… cool.
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Friday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. room 6BCF: Featuring a live demo and in-depth look at the Golden Age of Pirates, meet and ask questions to the current torchbearers for the Assassin’s Creed franchise including Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag writer Darby McDevitt, comic book writer Brenden Fletcher and legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Friday, July 19, from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. room 23ABC: Ubisoft Toronto’s Creative Director Maxime Beland, Game Director Patrick Redding, and Art Director Scott Lee will provide an in-depth look at Sam Fisher and his latest, most thrilling mission to date. Comic Writer Nathan Edmondson will also provide details on the companion comic, Splinter Cell Echoes.
- Watch Dogs, Saturday, July 20 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. room 23ABC: Aiden Pearce, the protagonist in Watch Dogs is a tech-savvy modern-day vigilante who can hack the infrastructure of Chicago at a moment’s notice. But just how realistic are Aiden’s abilities? Hosted by Aisha Tyler, panelists will include security consultants from Kaspersky Lab to talk about hyper-connectivity and the realities of how secure we really are. Kevin Shortt, lead story designer, will explain what it’s like writing for a next-generation game, as well as unveiling never-before-seen footage.
Comic-Con runs from July 18 to 21.