Games Workshop has announced a new MMO in the Warhammer series from WET and Naughty Bear developer Behaviour Interactive coming in late 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
In Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade, players choose a Warhammer 40,000 race and fight for in “massive conflicts” for territory, with each faction set to “determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.”
Behaviour Interactive studio head Mugel Caron promises the game will be “the online Warhammer 40,000 game that fans have been dreaming of for years.”
Here’s a feature list from Games Workshop:
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
- Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
- Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
- Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
- Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!
Visit its official website here.