The original Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is coming to PC in late August, Konami has announced.
Dubbed the “Ultimate Edition,” the PC version boasts a number of advantages over its previously released console counterparts, including:
- New Features: The Ultimate Edition offers the original full game plus add-on content: Reverie and Resurrection. It also boasts enhanced 1080p HD graphics, runs at a solid 60 frames per second via recommended spec, and offers trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
- New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves in the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
- New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills within this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
- New Titan Battles: Conquer behemoth enemies of terrifying size, where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
- New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition will launch via Steam in Europe on August 27 and at retail on August 30. A North American release date has yet to be confirmed. (Don’t worry. Konami’s U.S. announcements come out later in the day due to the time difference.)
Update: Konami’s U.S. division has confirmed the game will arrive on PC this summer in North America, but did not provide an exact release date.