Dragon’s Crown has customizable characters, skill points
Change your character's name, color, voice, and messages.
Atlus and VanillaWare have shared new details and screenshots of Dragon’s Crown, its upcoming action RPG due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita on August 6 in North America. Find our summary below.
- A “Game Master,” voiced by Takashi Taniguchi in the Japanese version, will guide you in Dragon’s Crown.
- The game begins at the Dragon’s Paradise bar, where all six of the game’s characters (Fighter, Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Wizard, and Sorceress) are gathered at a round-table. After you select your character, you’ll be able to customize their color, voice, greeting message, character selection message, revival message, and dying message. From there, you can begin the game.
- You’ll have two AI partners supporting you as you play: the Rogue Rannie, who will open treasure chests, locked doors, and carry your loot, and the Fairy Tiki, who will serve as your navigation.
- In town, you’ll be able to access the various facilities like party organization and shopping to prepare for your adventure.
- After you’ve prepared, you can head to a dungeon, where you’ll gather new weapons and armor, earn experience points and money, and fulfill quests. When you explore dungeons, sometimes an event scene will occur, and you’ll meet new characters like the barbarian warrior Roland.
- As you earn experience and level up, you’ll earn Skill Points. These can be used at the Adventurer’s Guild to learn new skills. There are common skills and class skills. “Gold Healing,” for example, is a common skill that recovers HP when you collect coins, and costs 1 Skill Point.
- You’ll meet many characters throughout the story, like Princess Vivian, Prime Minister Gustav, and the Royal Prince Dean of the Hydeland Castle. The voluptuous Morgan Risley runs the magic shop in town, where you can buy items like “Explosive S” and “Power Liqueur.” The armor-covered Samuel is head of the Adventurer’s Guild, where you’ll receive quests and strengthen your character. The accomplished magician Lucain lives in the Old Tower’s laboratory. And Monk guards the Canaan Temple.
View the new screenshots at the gallery.