New details on Shin Megami Tensei IV have come out of this weekend’s Nico Nico Super Conference. Excerpts include over 50 hours of gameplay, paid downloadable content, a dropped Moon Phase system, and no links to previous games.
Find the full summary below.
- There’s no direct connection to the previous three Shin Megami Tensei games, but the background music arrangement holds some deeper ties to the previous titles.
- The world of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey‘s is unrelated to Shin Megami Tensei IV‘s, but the Black Samurai’s suit might be related, and a connection with the first Shin Megami Tensei is also possible.
- It takes over 50 hours to complete the game.
- Plans for paid downloadable content will be revealed at a later date.
- Lucifer will make an appearance, but Louis Cyphre’s appearance is unclear.
- The three Jack Brothers will make an appearance and a new Jack Frost will be introduced.
- There is an option to switch character voices on and off.
- Demon Fusion and conversation, etc. rewards the player with experience points.
- The Macca Beam will appear. But this time, there is no Moon Phase System.
- A brutally difficult mode might be included.
- The release date for the original soundtrack is still undecided.
- V-Jump will publish a Shin Megami Tensei IV-based comic, with someone named Minadan leading.
Thanks, Re: Gigen.