Another week, another update from the official Shin Megami Tensei IV website. This time, we learn about The Monastery, K’s Bar, the guy that runs it, and two other characters.
- The Monastery: Eastern Mikado may take orders from the King, but the monastery shoulders substantial power over the country’s management. It was essentially the monastery that set up the national research agency within Mikado Castle. In order to improve the livelihood of the nation’s citizens, they carry out various research and provide new refinement to the people. However, they work in God’s name, and because they rule politically over Eastern Mikado with pride, moreover, with overbearing methods, some samurais have raised their voice in opposition.
- K’s Bar: On Mikado grounds, there is a facility where samurai gather called K’s Bar. There is a blackboard there where official missions, as well as outside challenge quests, are posted. In between missions, samurai can accept challenge quests to test their strength and earn money.
- K: He runs the bar within Mikado Castle. He wears an eye patch over one eye, and his left is a prosthetic resembling scissors. As a former samurai, he knows it takes more than hope and experience to succeed.
- Gaby: A subordinate of Hugo, she takes a variety of his jobs. However, there is no one who knows her lineage. One day she unexpectedly starts an important mission as support for Hugo.
- Hugo: He is a sharp and able person who took a seat in the abbot at a young age. He’s in his forties now. Because he is oppressive, rude, and lacks kindness, he is despised by the samurai.
Dialogue for each character can be seen in the video below.
Shin Megami Tensei IV is due out for 3DS on May 23 in Japan.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.