Atlus has updated the official Shin Megami Tensei IV website with new details. The upcoming 3DS game will feature StreetPass support through a new Digital Devil Service, and offer over 100 “Challenge Quests” alongside the main story.
Find the full breakdown below.
- Demons can increase their health and power by gaining experience points.
- They can also grow by learning new skills. As they acquire new skills, it’s easier to strike an enemy’s weak point, and battles get easier through better tactics.
- Among the demons, there are also some that level up, and “Ash Level Up” into completely different demons.
- As the Demons grow, they can teach you the skills they’ve learned themselves.
- Once you’ve learned skills from various Demons, you’ll become a fully grown up Samurai.
Barrows, the fairy
- The Operating System called installed in the Gauntlet.
- Barrows is an entity navigating various Samurai activities.
- It’s also responsible for handling the “Demon Summons Program” which is installed in the Gauntlet and manages the Demon’s assignments, etc.
Digital Devil Service (DDS)
- DDS is a proprietary Social Network Service, like a connection where demon-users can meet.
- Through 3DS StreetPass, DDS can be used to boast about your Demons to other Samurai, Demon training, and indiscriminate fusion.
- Requests received by people and various organizations who try to establish monasteries are called “Quests.” Managing those quests is also one of Burrough’s duties.
- The Player progresses through the main story by completing quests.
- Besides the “Main Quests” that progress the story, there are also “Challenge Quests” that can be tackled anytime.
- Those Challenge Quests are challenges that can be played at any desired time. They are intended to provide the player with enjoyable Side Stories independent from the main story line.
- There are over 100 different Challenge Quests included in the game.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Thanks, Game Jouhou.