Aksys Games is bringing 2.5D world-saving side-scroller A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda, initially launched for PC in December 2010, to Xbox LIVE Arcade as A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX this summer, the company has announced.
The game, developed by Extend Studio and Orgio games, will include new weapons, enemies, and areas exclusive to the console version. Here’s a full list of the new features:
- Receiving Console Transmission - A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX has been refitted with new console friendly designs, including a new UI, control scheme, and leaderboards.
- Upgrade Complete – Armed with new weapons, abilities, and even a new playable character, humanity’s secret weapon has never been stronger.
- Obstruction Eminent – Ares isn’t the only one with new tricks; new enemies and bosses have also joined the fray.
- Uncharted Sectors – With readjusted maps and completely new levels, there are an abundance of areas to explore for new and returning robots alike.
- Visuals Updated – New high resolution textures as well as brand new animated cut scenes.
- Audio Enhanced – A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX comes complete with the original soundtrack by Hyperduck Soundworks. Also now boasting a completely new soundtrack for the second campaign from Heavy Metal master Charlie Parra Del Riego, a perfect fit for Taurus the heavy metal Tanker.
“We are tremendously pleased to be working with Aksys to bring this enhanced release of A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda,” Origo Games CEO Adam McClard. “We feel this version represents the full product we had in mind from step one of the project. Aksys has been a big help to us with Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 and we hope that the fans of both of our companies love this rendition of the game.”
Find a story summary for A.R.E.S. below:
In the year 2060 Earth has reached the stars, during that time an alliance was formed with a Robotic Alien race which the humans call Atzai. The Atzai gave humans the means to end the pollution plaguing their planet by building the Minos Space Station, which the waste of Earth is used to form efficient forms of energy for space travel. For once Earth was at peace, and a strong bond forged between Human and Machine. However not all Atzai agreed with helping the warmonger human race, and slowly rebel factions formed inside the Atzai ranks.
Now the year is 2094 and the rebel faction Leader Zytron has attacked and taken control of all the machines onboard the Minos station. Atzai Command receives a distress call from Dr. Julia Carson a chief engineer revealing that there are still survivors on board at that Zytron has a secret Extinction Agenda for mankind. Atzai Command sends their best option to infiltrate and retake Minos from enemy hands, with the priority of saving the hostages at all cost.
Take control of Ares and newcomer Taurus for two separate story arcs, and uncover the conspiracy behind Zytron’s invasion of Minos Station.
Ares is a combat specialist built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. And Taurus who is a battle veteran built for giving and taking damage with his tank like body. Together with their orbital handler Valkyl, they must race against the clock to save the survivors and stop Zytron’s Extinction Agenda at any cost.
Screenshots of the Xbox LIVE Arcade version can be seen at the gallery.