On June 11, Capcom will celebrate 30 years since it was first established in 1983. To commemorate the occasion, the Osaka-based publisher has created a 30th anniversary logo to be used in group advertisements, sales promotion materials, publications, websites, and “other communication channels” until March 2014 (attached right).
Beginning its 30th anniversary celebrations, Capcom will release Capcom Arcade Cabinet on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade later today, which includes enhanced retro classics like 1943, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, and other titles. Other anniversary events are also planned, and will be announced as they’re finalized.
“Capcom views the 30th anniversary as a new beginning for creating more content that fully draws on the company’s outstanding development skills and basic research programs,” said Capcom in a press release. “Capcom is dedicated to using this progress to contribute to the advancement of the entertainment industry as well as to earn even greater satisfaction and trust among all stakeholders.”
Find a brief history of Capcom below.
- Jun. 1983 - Established old Capcom Co., Ltd., as a subsidiary of Sanbi Co., Ltd.
- Jan. 1989 - Old Capcom Co., Ltd., was merged with Sanbi. Corporate name was changed to Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Oct. 1990 - Stocks registered as OTC securities with the Japan Securities Dealers Association.
- Oct. 1993 - Stock was listed on the second section of the Osaka Stock Exchange.
- Sep. 1999 - Stock changed listing to the First Section of the Osaka Securities Exchange.
- Oct. 2000 - Stock was listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.