Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced two character-themed special editions for Naughty Dog’s upcoming The Last of Us.
The ‘Ellie Edition’ of The Last of Us will be available exclusively at retailer GAME, while the ‘Joel Edition’ will be available at Tesco and Independents. Each edition includes the same content, but is themed to the associated character.
The special editions include:
- The Last of Us mini artbook: Explore the world of The Last of Us through some of the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game.
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1: The first in a series of comics created in partnership with Dark Horse to delve into the backstory of Ellie. The version included features a variant cover found only in these special editions.
- Exclusive game pack: The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face.
- Collectable poster: An exclusive screen print effect poster of each character can be found in their respective editions.
- DualShock 3 skin: Skin your PlayStation 3 controllers with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order.
- Survival DLC Pack
- Multiplayer Bonuses:
- Bonus XP
- Melee booster
- In-game currency
- Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
- Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla.
- PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.
- PlayStation Network Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie.
- LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Skins: Voucher codes for a downloadable Joel skin or a downloadable Ellie skin for your Sackboy character depending on which special edition you choose.
While also available in the special editions, anyone who pre-orders the standard version of The Last of Us will also receive the ‘Sights & Sounds DLC Pack’.
The Last of Us is due for PlayStation 3 worldwide on May 7. View high-res artwork of the Ellie and Joel Editions at the gallery.