The gaming media has gone up with new previews of Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule’s new papercraft adventure for PlayStation Vita, offering new screenshots and video of the upcoming platformer.
Tearaway follows messenger IOTA (or the female messenger ATOI) as he travels a “rites-of-passage” adventure to deliver and release a unique message.
Here are some features:
- Paper Engine With Real World Physics – Tearaway’s exclusive game engine creates a 3D animated world from sheets of paper to capture the real physicals of paper material that will tear, fold, or crumple, especially when the player reaches out and touches part of the world.
- Immersive PS Vita Controls – Build from the ground up to take full advantage of the PS Vita’s signature controls, Tearaway uses the full range of input features to deliver a more immersive unique gameplay experience that only PS Vita can deliver. Brought to life throughout the world of Tearaway, be it through the camera, microphone, tilt-sensors or as they see their own fingertips push through into the environment via backtouch.
- Unique Experience for Every Player – From unlocking the unique message inside their messenger’s head, to decorating their journey, and even customizing how they appear inside the game, Tearaway delivers a personalized gameplay experience. Players can even choose how their in-game finger shows up on the screen to resemble their own real-life fingers.
- Imaginative Environments & Characters – Travel to far off whimsical colorful worlds from lost islands, magical forests, to snowy valleys. Meet the wildlife that inhabits the world of Tearaway along the way, making quirky new friends and even encountering some dangerous enemies.
- Core Gameplay Variety – From traversing and platforming to solving challenges and mini-puzzles, players will explore the open world environment during their journey to uncover their hidden message.
- Print & Create Papercraft – Players will be rewarded with real papercraft elements to print out and construct together as they progress.
View the new screenshots and artwork at the gallery. Watch a new trailer and two lengthy gameplay videos below. Tearaway is due out this year.