Tecmo Koei has detailed the new modes and weapons in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus, its February 26-due port of the PlayStation 3 original, and announced pre-order bonuses for consumers who plan to purchase the title at GameStop.
- Ninja Race - After choosing a character, level, and costume, players can strategically choose to dash through the course or viciously kill as many enemies as possible to earn boosts and points. The mode’s Combo Kill counter increases as foes are dispatched in sequence—the higher the counter, the more damage is dealt as long as the gauge stays filled. Three special essences, exclusive to the Ninja Race mode, boost the player’s chance of a successful mission: Green Essence adds time to the clock, White Essence boosts the Combo Kill counter for added damage, and Purple Essence grants Ninja Speed.
- Tag Missions - Players can switch between team members in real time as they try to complete challenges, with the other team member under AI control. With each fighter having different strengths and weaknesses, players can strategically tag back and forth when facing different opponents and situations by pressing down on the directional pad.
- Emma’s Fang - A massive sword that can decimate foes with slow but powerful swings. Legendary tales say the fearsome blade grows even stronger when it becomes bloodied.
- Falcon’s Talons - Worn on the hands and feet, these can quickly cut enemies to pieces with special attacks including the Izuna Drop and the sliding, leg-cutting Thunderous Attack.
- Tonfas - Steel-reinforced hardwood which can be swung from both hands to brutally crush enemies with their special Heavenly Justice combo, provide another option for mass destruction.
GameStop pre-orders will include limited edition costumes for the three female ninja Ayane, Rachel, and Momiji.
View screenshots showcasing the new additions and pre-order costumes at the gallery. Watch a gameplay trailer below.