Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will launch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on April 23 in North America, April 26 in Europe, and April 25 in Japan, Capcom has announced. The game will be available as both a physical disc and full game digital download.
In North America, the game will cost $39.99. In Europe, the digital version will cost €29.99 / £19.99 (there is a retail version, too, but a price wasn’t announced), though while it will be available day one on PlayStation Network, it won’t be available on Xbox LIVE until summer. In Japan, it will cost 4,990 yen.
Dark Arisen promises to deliver “a huge brand new area, missions, enemies, and more,” plus all of the content from the original game. The new area, Bitterblack Isle, is just off the Gransys mainland. Gamers will be able to import their existing Dragon’s Dogma characters and other saved data into Dark Arisen, learn new “high-level skills and augments,” and gain new weapons and armor sets.
Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones, and the Granys Armor Pack, which includes six brand new costumes, free of charge upon purchasing Dark Arisen.
If you didn’t play the original game, it’s included within Dark Arisen, so you’ll have the opportunity to play it.
A number of improvements will also be added to Dark Arisen, such as easier travel and a “more intuitive menu system.” Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma who purchase Dark Arisen will have these improvements retrofitted to their original save data.
Here’s the final rundown of what’s included with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- And there’s more:
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Watch the first trailer below.