Nintendo didn’t have much to say about Bayonetta 2 during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, but did understand that fans are anxious to hear more about the game and provided a small update in the form of a behind-the-scenes look at the development studio Platinum Games.
Some choice quotes heard throughout the video:
- “If this is supposed to be leather, I want to f ind a way to make it really look like leather.”
- “You have to constantly keep asking yourself what you are trying to express.”
- “There are lots of different locations this time. But the trick is figuring out how to get the new locations to fit into Bayonetta’s world.
- “We really established what Bayonetta is all about in the first game. Now we are thinking about interesting new ideas to expand upon the essence of Bayonetta.”
- “The scale of the game is completely different this time so it feels like you’re fighting the last boss from the very beginning. I think people are going to have lots of fun with it.”
- “We want to make a game that maximizes the potential of Wii U, but also ups the ante on the climax action you’d expect from Bayonetta 2.”
- “It will be worth the wait.”
- “Do you want to touch me?” – Bayonetta
Watch it below.