Spike TV will air its annual Video Game Awards show at 9 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. Pacific time tonight. (Find your local time here.) This year’s show, the event’s tenth anniversary, will be hosted by Samuel L. Jackson,
Confirmed new trailers for the show include:
- Assassin’s Creed III (PS3, 360, Wii U, PC) – ‘The Tyranny of King Washington’ DLC debut trailer.
- BioShock Infinite (PS3, 360, PC) – New gameplay will be shown.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3, 360, PC) – First gameplay will be shown.
- Gears of War: Judgment (360) – The main enemy will be introduced.
- Halo 4 (360) – New Spartan Ops campaign trailer.
- The Last of Us (PS3) – A new female character will be introduced.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3, 360, PC) – New gameplay will be show.
- Tomb Raider (PS3, 360, PC)
That’s not all. According to USAToday, there are “five new games to be announced.” In the weeks leading up to the show, event planner Geoff Keighley teased a few bits to consider (there are some other people here, too):
- Old-school announcement: “Have an amazing VGA announcement coming together for old-school gaming fans.” (ref)
- Possible Cliff Bleszinski game (we’re probably shooting too far on this one): “Looking forward to seeing @therealcliffyb at VGAs this year.” (ref)
- A reveal as “earth shattering” as The Last of Us: “We think so, yes.” (ref) “Late night world premiere screening with our VGA team in LA. One surprise piece had everyone raving.” (ref)
- Eurogamer news editor is wowed: “I know this is really annoying (I hate when people do this), but I just got wind of a game being announced tomorrow/tonight and… Wow.” (ref)
- Big announcement in first act: “2 hours until VGA 10! Big game announcement in the first act.” (ref)