Lightning Returns uses “Amazing ATB” battle system
New details unearthed from this week's Famitsu.
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:
- Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.
- You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.
- Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.
- Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.
- Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.
- Lightning is the only playable character.
- Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.
- You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.
- By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.
- The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.
- Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.
- Monsters appear even in the city.
- Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.
- Half of the game’s monsters are new.
- The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)
- Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.
We’ll be back later with more magazine leaks.
Thanks, Game Nyarth.
Save $3 with the coupon code "GEMATSU"