Famitsu this week reveals nine new characters to join the Dynasty Warriors 8 lineup, three of them being brand new, the rest returning from previous games.
- Guan Yinping (CV: Shiori Mikami) – Weapon: Double-headed mace.
- Guan Xing (CV: Nobunaga Shimazaki) – Weapon: Dual wing blades.
- Zhang Bao (CV: Daisuke Sakaguchi) – Weapon: Muraji Thorn Blade.
- Liu Bei (CV: Moriya Endou) – Weapon: Pair of swords.
- Guan Yu (CV: Yasunori Masutani) – Weapon: Scimitar.
- Zhang Fei (CV: Hirohiko Kakegawa) – Weapon: Pair of spears.
- Daqiao (CV: Junko Shimakata) – Weapon: Pair of canes.
- Sun Ce (CV: Takahiro Kawachi) – Weapon: Rotary stick.
- Zhang Jiao (CV: Yasuhiko Kawazu) – Weapon: Bishop’s staff.
The magazine also shared new gameplay details.
There are three attributes to weapons: Heaven, Earth, and Person. Heaven is stronger than Earth, which is stronger than Person, which is stronger than Heaven. When the affinity of your weapon is superior to your opponent’s, a spirit gauge will appear above your enemy. (A red circle will appear on-screen to make it easier to understand.) When the gauge drops to zero, you can invoke Storm Rush. But if your weapon is inferior, a red mark will appear above your opponent. After accumulating attacks, strike them with a Variable Attack, and the Variable Counter will be invoked.
Also revealed, each character will have three Musou attacks.
Dynasty Warriors 8 will launch for PlayStation 3 on February 28, 2013 in Japan.