PlayStation Plus is making the jump to PlayStation Vita in November, Sony announced during its Tokyo Game Show press conference this morning. PlayStation Vita owners will soon be able to play free games, receive discounts for select titles, and enjoy the service’s other benefits.
PlayStation 3 owners with existing PlayStation Plus memberships will be able to enjoy PlayStation Plus features across both platforms. Full benefits include:
- Games: Members will be able to play the full versions of designated content for PS Vita available on PlayStation Store as long as membership is effective, at no extra cost. The lineup of games that will be offered and other details will be announced at a later date.
- Discounts: Members will have access to exclusive discounts on designated content for PS Vita.
- Online Game Save: Members will automatically or manually be able to upload game save data files for compatible games to Online Game Save Storage with 1GB of space on the PlayStation Network*3.
- Automatic content downloads and updates: PS Vita will automatically download designated game demos and game updates, and also download system software updates*4. PS Vita will automatically start up to download content and will enter standby mode after the download has completed.
- Automatic Trophy sync: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to sync Trophy information with PlayStation Network servers.
Look out for it in November.